Overthinking is a problem faced by almost everyone, and especially in the new generation or this modern era, it’s increasing day by day. It is a problem with which you cannot easily cope, and it’s a need of great patience or mental firmness to stay away from it.
It’s not just overthinking, but it brings a lot of other mental issues in you, e.g., depression, personality disorders, stress, anxiety, etc.
First of all, we have to know what overthinking is? We have to analyze ourselves. Are we suffering from this very disease or disorder?
What is overthinking?
Overthinking is thinking too much about something or worrying about it for a long time. However, it looks normal to think or analyze the situation you are facing. Still, when you are starting to involve yourself too much in that very situation, or it’s been riding on your head, this is the time when you start overthinking.
Self-talk is necessary, but negative self-talk is about the events that haven’t happened yet or had happened a long time before. Why be concerned about that?
When you worry too much about those events, you cannot take a step for yourself or your well-being because you are afraid of the consequences of making the wrong decision, but making a bad decision is quite better than not deciding at all.
Why suffer from sleepless nights? It only materializes your issues. It makes you over-emotional. Be brave to face the consequences even of wrong decisions.
Why do you need to stop overthinking?
Question yourself, Is overthinking giving you a benefit or loss? Sometimes it’s for your help to make hard decisions, but not always; sometimes, it’s making your problem-solving activity even worse.
It causes anxiety in you; it causes loss of appetite when you can’t settle yourself anywhere; you are feeling restless and busy with your mind. Excessive activity of the reason is harmful to you. According to a Harvard study, this excessive brain activity consumes an essential protein that shortens the human lifespan. So, it would help if you stopped it as soon as possible. And it’s for the betterment of yourself.
How to stop overthinking?
Overthinking is a part of our emotions, and you need to learn, How to control your feelings? You have to face your fears. As Tony Robbins says,
“Let fear be a counselor and not a jailor.”
Here are some tips to stop your overthinking:
- Try to distract yourself with different activities or adopt other hobbies according to your taste so that you catch little time to overthink.
- Take a deep breath, sit in a comfortable place with one hand on your heart and the other on your belly, and relax.
- Meditation is one of the best ways to relax from the hustle-bustle which is going on in your life.
- Serve others or help others; when you will reduce the burden of others, automatically your responsibility will be reduced. It will give you relaxation and pleasure.
- Acknowledge yourself about your achievements, whether they be small or large. Think about them that if you can achieve those things, you can conquer even the coming hurdles or problems in the future.
- Try to be a man of action rather than a man who thinks and does not know how to act. Whether your move will prove good or bad, it will give you a new experience, so stop overthinking too much, establish a firm belief in yourself that you can do it.
Also read: how to get rid of fleas on dogs.