We love fast food even though we know it is unhealthy; spicy and oily dishes are not always everyone’s favorite. Our taste buds need a break, and to give a healthy treat to ourselves, we used to make light and balanced dishes. A variety of recipe books are out there, and many recipes are available online; each of them is delicious and amazing. Alfredo pasta is one of the best yet delicious recipes. In the following article, we get to know about How to make Alfredo Sauce? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
But do you know we can make Alfredo sauce separately and use it in different recipes? If your answer is no, then no need to worry. I am here to tell you how you can make Alfredo sauce. How can you make a little variation by adding this sauce into different dishes or veggies?
Alfredo Sauce is easy and can be done in about 10 minutes.
To make your sauce:
- Start by melting butter in a large saucepan.
- Add garlic, nutmeg, and salt, then stir in the cream.
- Cook the mixture until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- While it is simmering, start cooking the Pasta.
After the mixture has cooled, add the butter. This will help the alfredo sauce to keep its rich texture. However, this method won’t give you the same flavor, so you should be sure to heat it on low heat. Use a microwave on half power or water to reheat it and add super-hot Pasta. Be sure to mix all the ingredients thoroughly before serving.
After mixing the ingredients, stir the mixture thoroughly. It shouldn’t require flour, but you can always use flour in the sauce if you’re hesitant. While fresh parmesan is preferred, grated is also fine. Then, add a bit of parmesan and stir until it reaches the desired consistency. You don’t need to add any extra salt. You’re ready to make alfredo sauce.
Make Cauliflower Alfredo with Peas
Use your culinary skills with a Jar of Alfredo Sauce and make yummy dinner recipes. Alfredo sauce can be used for various dishes, from pasta and pizza to casseroles and chicken. One bite, and you’ll feel like you are walking in heaven. If you are confused and don’t know what to do, saute some veggies and add Alfredo Sauce and Voila! You are ready to eat.
- Three cloves garlic roughly chopped.
- Trimmed and roughly chopped one large head of cauliflower
- 1 cup chicken/vegetable broth/water, preferably the broth, but water will also be fine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup frozen canned, or fresh peas
- fresh ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley to garnish optional
- Combine garlic, cauliflower, and chicken broth in a large lidded saucepan. Cook cauliflower on medium-low heat for 8-10 minutes until tender and soft.
- Blend cauliflower sauce in a blender.
- Boil Pasta and preserve one cup of pasta water for later use.
- Cook Cauliflower sauce until it is thick.
- Add peas with 1 minute left in the cooking time. Drain pasta and peas. Toss with cauliflower broth and alfredo sauce, salt, and pepper if needed.
- Add pasta water and cook for a few minutes until the sauce becomes creamy.
- Garnish with more parmesan and chopped fresh parsley if desired.