I tried this dish for the first time in my life 2 years back when I was living with my friend in a hostel. He is basically from Korea. After tasting Kimchi, I was surprised that any food was so delicious. I was thankful to my friend for such a wonderful dish. In the following article, we learn how to make Kimchi? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
After 1 year, I shifted to my ancestral home. I tried to cook Kimchi, but I failed because I searched for that taste that I tasted 1 year back. Then I contacted my Korean friend again for the kimchi recipe, and now once every week, I used to make Kimchi. I am perfect in that, and in this article, I will share my friend’s recipe, which he taught me. If you are also a kimchi lover, stay with me until the end. But before starting, first, look at what Kimchi is for those who are still unaware of Kimchi.
What is it?
It is a Korean dish which is a traditional dish there. It is a salted dish with a mixture of different vegetables. The vegetables included are cabbage and radish. These vegetables are cooked in other spices like onions, ginger, garlic, etc. It’s time to know about its recipe.
How to make Kimchi?
Here are some tools which help you in cooking.
- One board on which you cut your vegetables.
- Use gloves before cooking to make your dish free from bacteria.
- A jar in which you put the Kimchi after it will cook.
- 1-kilo cabbage.
- Water (filtered water is the sign of healthy life)
Follow the recipe step by step to make delicious Kimchi.
- Start with the cabbage. Cut the cabbage in a lengthwise manner.
2. Now, put the cabbage in a bowl and add salt. After adding salt, mix it with your hands and mix enough to make cabbage softer.
3. Now, add enough water to the bowl that the cabbages will dip completely. Put a plate on the bowl and wait for 2 hours.
4. You have to wash the cabbages perfectly under cool water and then leave it for 20 minutes.
5. In these 20 minutes, you can make your spices paste. It would help if you had a bowl and ginger, garlic, onion, fish sauce, and water to make this paste. Mix them well and make a paste. Use all the spices according to your needs.
6. Your cabbages should now be ready to add to the spice mixture. Mix the vegetables with the paste. Mix enough that your spices generate a taste in the vegetables.
7. Now, take a jar and put all your ready dishes in a pot. After that, squeeze it until salty water comes out and cover the jar with a lid.
8. Place the jar at room temperature for almost 5 days.
9. Check the Kimchi daily with your finger. Could you place it in the fridge when it tastes according to your need? Now you can enjoy it.
Also read: how to stop hair loss and regrow hair naturally.