Plant-based milk alternatives are currently prevalent! However, purchased products for grain milk are often costly.How to make oat milks That is why we will show you how you can make oat milk yourself very easily and much cheaper
Make oat milk yourself – ingredients for approx. 1 l
- 1 liter of water
- 10 tbsp (approx. 60 g) tender oat flakes
- 1 pinch of salt
- , possibly 2 tbsp maple syrup, or 5 small pitted dates for sweetening
How to do it
- Bring the water to a boil. Add oat flakes, salt, and, if necessary, syrup or chopped dates, bring to the boil again briefly, and stir well. Tip: How to make You can also refine the with ground vanilla or cinnamon.
- Take the pot off the heat and let the oat kinds of milks mixture cool down. How to make oat milk Purée briefly with a blender or hand blender until the consistency is fine.
- Put the mixture in a nut milk bag (e.g., via amazon) or in a sieve lined with a clean gauze or tea towel and squeeze it out well – this is how the flavored liquid separates from the flakes.
Make your own oat milk from whole grains.
In addition to the quick version with flakes, you can also prepare from the whole grain. For this, 80 g of oats is required per liter of water. However, the cereal grains have to be soaked in water for 12 hours before the actual production begins, but this time without boiling. After soaking, place the grains in a sieve and rewash them under running water and puree with the measured water, salt, and possibly sweeteners in a powerful mixer. Then pass and enjoy the homemade
Great recipe ideas with oat milk
In principle, you can easily replace cow’s milk with grain milk in many recipes. Plant-based milk is particularly delicious in the morning for breakfast for muesli, vegan pancake batter, or coffee. Even desserts can be great vary with oat milk. You can find more recipe ideas here:
Also read: how to get taller