Now that so many of us are either being asked to work remotely, or choose to do so, there have been a few things that people have found to help their work-from-home lifestyle and make the most of remote working. If you can get the balance right, have a good space to do your work in, and are able to collaborate with your teammates and provide value from home and Remain Productive , you’re sure to end up enjoying your work more and being a better employee too.
For many, working from home can be a dream! They love the alone time and can get things done quicker and faster – others might have a harder time adjusting to their new surroundings and setup, and could struggle to get things done because of these interruptions and changes. It’s not to say that there aren’t any distractions in the office, your co-workers can often get caught up in a chat or invite you to lunch, but working from home poses its own kind of challenges to Remain Productive .
There are a few ways in which you can ensure your at-home environment works for you and helps you to stay focused and get the job done. Here are 7 great tips for you to try out at home to Remain Productive , they’ll help you stay focused and keep your energy levels up throughout the day and make working from home a little easier:
- Prepare your lunches and meals that you can the day before so that you don’t spend too much time faffing about in the kitchen during your breaks or ordering food from a delivery service at the last minute.
- Interact and chat with other people throughout the day, its super important!
- Set some clear break times in your day where you step away from the computer and get some fresh air or sunshine if possible.
- If you work flexi-hours, pick a definite time that you ‘clock-in’ and ‘clock-out’ in the day to keep a healthy schedule.
- Set clear boundaries at home if you share your space with others so they know not to disturb you.
- Ensure your workspace has enough natural light and fresh air passing through, and make it your own with some personal touches!
- Make sure you have the right kind of technology and hardware available to actually do your job, and ensure you have a strong enough internet line so that you aren’t bothered by slow speeds or interruptions.
Some companies are outsourcing help so that their teams are better equipped and supported. One way to get some additional support is to speak to an IT Support Partner. There are many out there like TechQuarters, an IT Support Company in the UK who provide Small Business IT Support London Services to smaller business in and around London – they are able to help teams get setup at home so that they have all the access, support, and guidance they need to do their jobs properly.
If you find yourself making the move to remote work – just ensure that your space is most importantly comfortable, and that you have everything you need to get your tasks done as well as be an active participant in group discussions and collaborate with your teammates wherever possible. If you stick to these rules – you’re sure to get the most out of your work and enjoy the comforts of being at home and in your own personal space too! For many people, having this freedom can be daunting but if you set a strict routine and dedicate yourself to being disciplined and focused when it comes to your job and work, it really can be very rewarding.