Candy apples are easily made, but you can elevate them to incredible heights if you add a few items. In the following article, we get to know about How to make candy apples? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
- 15 apples of any Variety
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 ½ cups water
- 8 drops of red food coloring
- 12 lollipop or popsicle sticks
- 15 candied apples
Equipment: candy thermometer
Preparation Duration: 10 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Total: 40 min
Yield: 15 candied apples
A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE TO MAKING CANDY APPLES
- Ensure that the apples are thoroughly dried after washing. You need to firmly push the stick into the apples. Popsicle sticks are another option. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper and spray it with cooking spray before placing the apples on it.
- In a heavy-bottomed pan, combine sugar, corn syrup, and water. Cook the mixture at 300oF (the hard crack stage) until it reaches the boiling point.
- Mix the candy mixture with the red food coloring after removing it from the heat. It may splash if you add more than 11.2 teaspoons, so keep a safe distance. It may be necessary to add more than the designated amount of food coloring due to differences in quality and strength.)
- Using a small spatula, dip each apple into the candy mixture, covering them completely and letting any excess drip back into the pan. After coating the apples with candy, transfer them to a cookie sheet and let them cool until the candy has fully hardened.
A QUICK NOTE:
- Candy will not stick to apples coated with wax because the waxy coating prevents it from adhering. You can remove the wax by boiling 6 cups of water with 1 tablespoon white vinegar for a few minutes. Immerse the apples in the boiling solution for a few seconds, then dry thoroughly. The candy will stick in a matter of seconds!
- It is okay to reheat the candy mixture on medium heat if it becomes too hard during the dipping process.
Cinnamon candy/flavor is optional, but I recommend it. I recommend you use your favorite flavor or omit it if you want. As an alternative to the cinnamon candies, you can use 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon or cinnamon extract. However, do not use too much as cinnamon is highly potent.
Cinnamon oil is also very concentrated, so it is important to take precautions. The candy-making process goes quickly, so you must be prepared before you begin. Cellophane bags will give you a prolonged shelf life before your candy apple becomes sticky if you wrap it after it has cooled completely.
- You should let the candy apple cool completely after cooling it completely because sugar attracts moisture. Apples begin to condense the moment they are removed from the refrigerator. That is why you must wrap them immediately. If you use sugar carelessly, you will burn severely. So, if you burn your skin after using sugar, don’t try to wipe the moisture off.
If you need to, keep a bowl filled with ice water on hand. When wearing gloves, you have an additional layer of protection, but you still have the potential to get burned. Put the apples in colorful cupcake wrappers if you are hosting a Halloween party.
- Is this recipe something you’ve tried? Let us know what you think by rating it below!
Also read: how to save videos from facebook