Teeth are the blessing of God that enables us to eat and chew food. It is not only for eating but also perfectly placed in the mouth for protection. Teeth are one of the main things that anyone notices in a personality. If you have yellow teeth, it will affect your personality and impression. In the following article, we learn how to whiten teeth? So please don’t skip the article from anywhere and read it carefully because it will be very useful for all of you guys.
The teeth start turning yellow with age. No matter if you take very good care of your teeth or not. So, many remedies and tricks have been introduced to whiten teeth. The market has launched a lot of products to make your teeth whiten. Sometimes the chemicals do not suit you, so you can try some home remedies to whiten your teeth.
What causes the yellowing of teeth?
Several factors contribute to the yellowing of teeth. If you are not brushing at the end of the day, the food particles will stick to the enamel (the outermost layer of the teeth). These food particles will produce bacteria and end up decaying your teeth.
The color of the teeth will start turning yellow. There will be plaque buildup on the surface of your teeth as well that does not look pleasant. Sometimes the outermost layer of the teeth (enamel) gets eroded, and the layer below it, named dentin, starts showing up. It also causes the teeth to look pale.
Remedies to whiten teeth at home:
- There are a lot of products available in the market claiming to whiten your teeth within weeks. And most of those products contain baking soda. Baking soda is one of the most effective agents to remove plaque from the surface of the teeth. It also whitens teeth and makes the environment alkaline. In the alkaline environment, the bacteria will not grow, and ultimately, the teeth will stay white and healthy. Most of the toothpaste available on the market contains baking soda and salt. So, it would be best if you always preferred toothpaste with baking soda compared to a regular one.
- A traditional Indian technique is to rinse your mouth with any oil. You can use sunflower oil, sesame oil, coconut oil, or easily available. The purpose is to remove the bacteria that causes yellow teeth. This technique has been used merely in India to loosen up the plaque and kill the bacteria present in the mouth.
- There are some fruits and vegetables that have some bleaching agents in them. These fruits help to remove yellow staining from the enamel. These fruits include strawberries and pineapple. You can also use these fruits to scrub your teeth and a pinch of baking soda.
- Hydrogen peroxide is a bleaching agent that kills bacteria because of its alkaline nature. Most of the toothpaste available on the market has hydrogen peroxide in it. 1% peroxide is mentioned among the ingredients and is enough for a significant whitening.
The following tips could help you to prevent the yellowing of teeth;
- Brush your teeth two times a day with a toothpaste containing baking soda.
- Floss after having a meal.
- Do not eat late at night and sleep without brushing.
- Use the home remedies at least three times a week to avoid bacterial growth.
Also read: how to get rid of cramps.